Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ratatouille

With all the fresh veggies coming out of the garden I've been trying to find new recipes. I had been wanting to try ratatouille since I saw the cartoon mouse make it years ago but being unfamiliar with eggplant I was a bit hesitant. After trying it I now can't believe I waited so long and decided to share this wonderful recipe.






Ingredients:


1 med-large eggplant


2-3 med size zucchini


2 bell peppers (any color)


1/3 c olive oil


2 can crushed tomatoes w Italian seasoning
salt to taste




Directions:


Dice eggplant and zucchini into one inch pieces.  Dice bell pepper into small pieces.


In large pan sauté eggplant a few min then add zucchini and  bell pepper. Cook til nearly done and then add tomatoes and salt.


Simmer til veggies are cook through. 




This recipe couldn't be simpler and is a wonderful side dish or as a meal on its own as it is so hearty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment